Events and speaking opportunities
We are an integral member of the global UX design community - our commitment to speaking at, attending and hosting events is testament to this.
Speaking opportunities are a great way of sharing what we’ve learned and opening up wider conversations about emerging topics in design, technology and business. If you would like one of us to speak at your event, please use the email address at the foot of the page.
We’re also happy to host events in our UK and Singapore studios. In the last few months we’ve hosted talks by UX Crunch, Ladies that UX and IxDA. Get in touch if you’re trying to find a home for your event or meet-up.
Here is a list of the events we’ve been involved within the last year:
- November 20 - we co-hosted an evening of discussion on and around change with the Ladies that UX.
- October 25 - 26 - we sponsored and attended UX Live's Conference.
- October 11 - Tim Loo spoke at the Festival of Marketing.
- Sept 6 - 7 - Speaking - Reasons to, after Chris Spalton’s success in his Reasons to elevator pitch last year he’ll be back presenting a full hour-long talk in Brighton – check out their Twitter for further details.
- Sept 12 - 14 - Speaking - UX Cambridge, Tim Caynes, Jane Vance.
- Sept 14 - Speaking - Mario Van Der Meulen spoke at DT|UX Summit in Singapore.
- Sept 16 - 18 - Speaking - UX Strat USA, we delivered a workshop last year and the event is currently being organised so take a look if you want to be a part of this user experience strategy hotspot.
- Sept 25 - Hosting & Speaking - we had David Rogerson make his debut at the Interaction Design Day celebration in conjunction with IxDA London.
- Sept 25 - Speaking - Mario Van Der Meulen spoke at an Interaction Design Day event in Singapore.
- Sept 27 - 29 - Speaking - Euro IA, Tim Caynes.
- July 11 - Speaking - DXN Nottingham, Tim Caynes.
- July 18 - 22 - Speaking - IXDC, Tim Caynes.
- July 31st - Hosting - we hosted and spoke at UX in the Wider Business in conjunction with UX Crunch.
- June 10 - 12 - Speaking - UX Strat Europe, Phil Morton and Tim Loo will be delivering a workshop on experience strategy, tickets can be purchased here. We’ll also be sending along six Foolproofers to represent our experience design practice at the event.
- June 13 - 15 - Speaking - UX Scotland, Tim Caynes and Chris Spalton will be delivering individual talks, tickets can be purchased here.
- June 19 - Hosting - UX Crunch.
- June 21 - 22 - Attending - User Research London, read more and purchase tickets here.
- June 26 - 28 - Speaking - UXPA 2018, Mario Van Der Meulen.
- June 26 Hosting - Foolproof hosted UX Strategy Workshop with Paul Bryan.
- May 9 - 11 - Speaking - UX South Africa, Tim Caynes.
- May 18 - Hosting - UX Break Lunchtime event.
- May 22 - Hosting - UX Crunch.
- May 26 - 27 - Speaking - UXPH, Mario Van Der Meulen.
- April 19-20 - Speaking - UXD Healthcare, Tim Caynes will be delivering a talk entilted 'Surgical UX: designing for visualisation systems in surgery, tickets can be purchased here.
- April 19 - Hosting - UXPA, Dark UX and Ethics.
- April 20 - Speaking - Fintech Design Summit, Phil Morton will be delivering a talk entitled 'Bridging the brand experience gap', tickets can be purchased here. Foolproof will also be hosting a rolling panel discussion with all of the speakers from the event - be sure to swing by.
- April 24 - Speaking - UX Oxford, Tim Caynes will be delivering a talk entitled Intelligent Guides: Architecting Systems for Context-driven Interactions.
- March 3 - Hosting - UX Break, London UX lunchtime get together.
- March 7 - 8 - Speaking - UX Insight, Amy Shore and Ana Crespo will giving their workshop ‘Guerrilla research quick not dirty’, tickets available here.
- March 8 - Speaking - Hot Source Norwich, we'll be helping to host the event as well as sending along a few speakers like Chris Spalton and Jon Gibson.
- March 13 - Hosting - LTUX London, LTUX Lightning Talks.
- March 15 - Speaking - UX in the City Manchester, Ana Crespo and Tim Caynes will be delivering two separate 90 minute workshops. Ana's will be on guerrilla research and Tim's will be on complex systems.
- March 18 - Attending - ‘Neaco Creative Futures Twilight Event’ Jon Gibson and James Brindley.
- February 1 - Speaking - Junior UX Crunch, Tim Caynes and Vittoria Bisi will both be talking on the heme of 'Myths, methods and mentors: Advice for getting started in UX', tickets can be purchased here.
- Feb 3 - 8 - Attended - Interaction 18, Vittoria Bisi will be attending, tickets available here.
- Feb 7 – 8 - Attended - Smashing Conference London, James Stock and JP Northard will be attending. We’ll also be sponsoring the bar in the evening so be sure to have a drink on us.
- Feb 20 – Hosted - UX Crunch AI in Healthcare, Tim Caynes and Jane Vance.
- Feb 23 – Hosted - Mobile UX London, workshop session hosted by Terika Seaborn-Brown on Formative Research Methods.
- Feb 24 – Attended - World IA Day in Toulouse, Chris Spalton will be sketchnoting this daylong conference.
- Jan 18 – Speaking - Sync Norwich ‘take the leap - fail fast, Chris Spalton delivered a talk on sharing your work and building an online community.
- Jan 31 – Attending - Norfolk Network’s Fintech event, Tom Wood will be convening the panel discussion with guest speaker David Brear of 11:FS. We've also got a whole host of Foolproofers heading over including Rob Varney, Tom Ablewhite and James Stock.