Foolproof’s mission is to help people to live differently. By understanding people, we craft products and services which help them make sense of anything and give them the confidence to make good decisions for themselves. Foolproof has been doing this for over fifteen years.
Foolproof is on a journey. We’re developing always-on relationships with our clients and are thinking differently about our approach to shaping, scoping and delivering end-to-end programmes of work. That means we’re growing, fast, and not just in the work we do, but also in the mix of people who work here.
The role in brief
We are looking for someone with a broad knowledge of digital, someone who can help realise and drive the full development lifecycle, including experience design, technical build and delivery across digital channels.
The role combines a passion for developing a deep understanding of our clients and their business problems with delivering products and services that create value for our clients, their customers and the Foolproof organisation.
This role would suit an individual who has experience in hitting commercial (sales/revenue) targets, fostering client relationships and developing and negotiating proposals for the design and development of products and services.
Day to day responsibilities
Working closely with a team that includes UX consultants, UI designers, digital strategists, developers and analysts; the primary goal of the Client Engagement Manager is to achieve commercial growth of 1-2 client account(s), linked to the strategic growth plan for the account(s).
The clients (and targets) that are assigned to the Engagement Manager will be determined by their experience in the role.
- Provide clients with strategic insight and consultation.
- Spend time on site with your clients.
- Work with clients to uncover business requirements, craft appropriate strategies and identify/implement solutions that will help them achieve their business objectives.
- Build trust and credibility with clients, becoming a partner and advisor and in order to generate referrals.
- Develop broad industry expertise to understand the challenges clients face.
- Manage and develop strategic account plans.
- Ensure client targets are met within the context of the underlying opportunity.
- Develop new business opportunities within your existing client base.
- Work with heads of department and client partners to develop new sales proposals.
- Negotiate contract agreements with clients and their procurement departments.
- Line management of colleagues where relevant.
- Experience in working alongside top tier clients to help them create and develop strategies that advance their business.
- Strong experience within web build, implementation and ongoing product management is highly desirable.
- Proven client services experience with proven experience within a digital agency or consultancy.
- The ability to quickly establish expertise on a variety of clients and sectors.
- Experience of writing compelling proposals/briefs that inspire clients and team members.
- Excellent written and presentation skills: you must be able to accurately scope and price work, as well as be dynamic and persuasive in presenting ideas to clients.
- Experience of scoping, pricing and delivering projects with UX, UI, Strategy and Technical (onshore and offshore) teams.
- Exposure to working within an agile environment and solid understanding of end-to-end technical delivery and offshore team management.
- Ability to work with people in a mature and consultative manner.
- Thorough understanding and experience of contributing successfully to an agency sales process including the submission of tenders.
Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative agency with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service. Plus, the option to buy and sell leave.
- Quarterly away days including a Team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work.