Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
Our Singapore office was opened in 2012 to support the growing demand for user experience design in Asia. Since then, we have grown to a team of 14 and our business continues to grow rapidly. Our team of UX consultants and designers help our global and local clients create powerful and effective designs, digital products, and services based on the insights we gather. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our clients to embark on highly collaborative, inclusive design processes, using their stakeholders and end-users to help develop and crystallise our solutions.
The role at a glance
Reporting to the Managing Director, Singapore you will support the growth of our portfolio, which includes some of the biggest and best brands in Singapore. The role of Engagement Director combines a passion for developing a deep understanding of our clients and their business problems with delivering products and services that create value for our clients and their customers.
We are seeking a self-starter capable of developing, nurturing and growing client relationships. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally by helping lead the Client Engagement practice in Singapore. You will work closely with the Studio and Delivery teams, as well as with the Singapore management team in driving growth.
This role would suit an individual from a consultancy or digital agency background, this means you will possess a strong interest in experience design and have a solid understanding of the design process.
Role and responsibilities
The primary goal of the Account Director is to achieve commercial growth of client accounts aligned to the strategic growth plan for the Singapore office.
The clients (and targets) that are assigned to the Account Director will be determined by their experience in role.
Building, maintaining and deepening client relationship
You will look for ways to engage with your clients, and understand their business to achieve growth:
- Helping our clients gain reward and recognition for our work.
- Pro-actively maintaining and developing your network of clients.
- Spending time on client site to develop a deeper understanding of their business and their challenges.
You will create, maintain and action strategic client plans aligned to an annual sales target by:
- Understanding client problems and objectives to seed Foolproof projects.
- Opening, driving and closing opportunities within a sales pipeline.
- Developing proposals and working with the Delivery to effectively cost and price work.
- Providing regular and accurate updates on your pipeline and account status to the Managing Director, Singapore.
Working with other Foolproof teams
You will support effective ways of working between Client Engagement and Practice teams by:
- Working closely with teams during the pre-sales process to scope out a response to a client brief and mobilising projects.
- Working with Contract Excellence and client procurement/legal teams to secure contracts.
- Line managing colleagues where relevant.
- Confident communication and sales style. You are a good verbal communicator and build rapport and confidence quickly with clients and Foolproof colleagues alike.
- Good written communicator. You deliver a range of different types of document, from emails to presentations, to client briefs and proposal responses. Your ability to write both concisely and accurately is important.
- Business acumen. You are able to understand different business models and can negotiate both internally with colleagues and externally with clients.
- Able to multi-task. You must be able to manage multiple tasks at once, oversee a number of client relationships and be comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Confident. A strong work ethic, able to lead an experienced team with varying priorities, towards one goal.
- Perceptive & inquisitive. Able to identify situations where politics may be influencing client decision making and/or when team members may be struggling to balance priorities.
- Flexible. You should be decisive in your actions, but also flexible to change. You pick up tasks well, be it administrative, people-focused or strategic, asking for help as needed.
- Previous experience of managing and developing both small and large accounts ranging from $80k - $600k. Ideally, this will have been within the digital services space.
- Solid understanding of account management and client relationship best practice.
- Experience in Contract negotiation, writing, as well as working with Finance and Procurement teams.
- Experience cultivating and maintaining relationships with senior-level clients; ability to form strong relationships.
- Experience working with a team of strategists, consultants and designers; developers an added bonus.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 20 days holiday which increases to 25 days with service plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.