Due to the continued growth of our business in Singapore, we have an opening for a Business Development Manager to play an integral role in the teams ongoing fortunes. New business is the lifeblood of our business and this role has the chance to work with teams across the company to achieve high profile new client wins.
Founded in 2002 in Norwich, UK, Foolproof’s Singapore office was opened in 2012 to support the growing demand for user experience design in Asia. Since then, we have grown to a team of 17. We’re looking to double our team as our business grows rapidly.
Our team frequently conducts design research throughout the Asia Pacific region and we help our clients create powerful and effective user-centric designs, digital products and/or services based on the insights we gather.
Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our clients to embark on highly collaborative, inclusive design processes using their stakeholders and end-users to help develop and crystallise our solutions.
Our office enjoys a start-up mentality where everyone is invited to take part in building the company vision and creating the experience design agency that we want to work in. We give the opportunity to our team members to define what they want to do beyond their job description and will support them to be successful in taking ownership
As Business Development Manager, you will lead business development in our Singapore studio alongside the Head of Commercial Growth and with the support of the Business Development Director and Business Development Manager in the UK. At Foolproof, business development is a collaborative sport so you will also work alongside the Client Engagement team, Delivery, Principal Consultants and a number of specialist practitioners across our experience design studio.
Your primary responsibility will be supporting the Head of Commercial Growth in achieving the Singapore studio’s sales targets. You will take responsibility for seeking out potential clients and conducting initial triaging of prospective clients whom approach Foolproof to ensure that the work they require is in line with what we want to win, to achieve our sales targets, vision and mission.
This role demands a strategic thinker with excellent listening and communication skills. You’ll need bounds of enthusiasm to ensure you are interested and engaged right from your first point of contact with prospective clients. Your listening and questioning skills will ensure we have the right information to gather the right team and write the best proposal to meet the client’s objectives.
Sometimes things don’t go to plan, so you will need a thick skin and a strong sense of humour to bounce back to prepare for the next opportunity.
You will probably possess a natural and persuasive charm, rather than high pressure sales techniques. You’ll use this to convince both internal and external stakeholders of the value of our work.
Your attention to detail will ensure that the documents and pitches we produce, represent the high-quality deliverables the company would expect to receive as a client.
- Triaging inbound new business enquiries to ensure we are putting our efforts into the right opportunities, as well as searching for prospective clients and opportunities and managing GeBiz.
- Running ‘chemistry’ meetings with potential clients, alone or alongside other members of the Foolproof team.
- Supporting the pitch lead on pitches, developing your skills to become a pitch lead in 6 months.
- Mobilising and playing an active role in delivering compelling pitches in response to competitive briefs.
- Scoping and pricing work with members of Strategy/Insight/Consulting (SIC) teams, Studio and Delivery.
- Responding to RFIs by collating materials, managing QA and uploading or submitting though a variety of procurement portals,
- Responding to RFPs with detailed proposals produced in conjunction with scoping teams.
- Mobilising projects won by New Business to ensure a smooth transition to the project delivery team.
- Ensuring that Foolproof materials such as case studies, policies and financial information are kept up to date, shared centrally and distributed.
- Managing and taking an active role in the contract review and sign-off process.
- Attending conferences and events on behalf of the business to meet and begin dialogue with new business prospects.
- Managing Singapore’s New Business pipeline, as well as proposals and costs submitted.
- Playing an active role in half yearly reporting and strategic planning.
- Supporting the Head of Commercial Growth in tracking of New Business KPIs such as pitch win ratio.
- Supporting the Senior Client Engagement Manager in new business proposals for our key accounts and to ensure effectiveness of outbound prospecting activity.
- Supporting the Marketing team in the development of marketing materials for prospective clients.
Required skills and experience
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in New Business development or Client Services.
- Experience of working in mobilising and delivering winning pitches.
- Contribution to quarterly sales targets in excess of $500K SGD.
- Significant experience in a digital agency setting.
- Familiarity with user-centred design processes.
- Excellent skills in stakeholder management at all levels.
- Contract negotiation, budget management and financial reporting.
- Ability to travel within APAC if and when required.
- Excellent relationship development skills: You must be able to create rapport and relationships across a range of clients and functions from a cold start.
- Excellent listening and written communication skills: You must be confident taking on a client-facing sales role with the necessary skills required to manage an RFI, RFP and pitch process.
- Passion and creative thinking: we’re passionate about delivering high-quality, effective and value-adding services to our clients.
- Attention to detail: We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, from an email to a client presentation. Achieving this, especially when under pressure, is a critical success factor for the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 20 days’ holiday (which increases to 25 with long service awards), departmental training budgets and medical benefits
We believe in collaborative thinking and learning. We host sessions every Thursday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team; we have quarterly company away days where we get together to share company updates; and we make a concerted effort to share our knowledge with the local UX design industry.
How to apply
We’re looking for people who share our passion, commitment and sense of fun to join the team at this exciting time. If you think you fit the bill, email your CV and cover note (including your expected salary, notice period and right to work in Singapore) to Sarah Djumin at: email@example.com.