This role is for creative thinkers who share our commitment to using data and human insight to drive design thinking and unearth creative solutions which suit our client’s design challenges.
Our vision is to positively impact the lives of millions of people all over the world; we want our work to have commercial and social impact. We’ve been pioneering evidence-based design for over a decade.
As a Consultant you will be responsible for providing UX and digital design consultancy to some of the world’s biggest and best-known brands. As someone in the early stages of their career in experience design, success in this role comes from consistently delivering excellent work and developing your own skillset respectively.
If you want to do interesting, challenging work in a cheerful, supportive environment, this might be the job for you.
- Lead, manage and deliver a wide range of user experience projects while taking responsibility for the quality of thinking and deliverables and ensuring they run on time and to budget.
- Conduct user research using a variety of methodologies such as one-to-one interviews, ethnographic research, diary studies, focus groups and remote research.
- Develop customer insight to inform meaningful recommendations to achieve your clients’ project and commercial objectives.
- Writing and presenting persuasive and authoritative reports and presentations.
- Be a valuable member of multi-disciplinary teams working on larger design and build programmes by providing customer insight and shaping every aspect of the product or service we are creating.
- Work with the wider Foolproof team to identify, scope and win new opportunities.
Required skills and experience
- Educated to degree level (computer science, HCI, business, psychology or design).
- One to two years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behavior and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- Detailed knowledge and practical experience of a wide-reaching research and design methodologies.
- Experience of secondary research methods such as desk research, landscape mapping, trends research and competitor analysis.
- You’ll have commercial awareness, including an understanding of return on investment, online marketing metrics and a commitment to evidence-based and insight-driven design.
- Excellent communication skills from an internal email through to a client-facing presentation.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with the added ability to create rapport with clients and colleagues alike.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Competent in: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborative thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where Foolproofers share their expertise with the rest of the team. We also have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
Finally, we put a great deal of effort into learning and skills development:
- You will have a set of personal objectives with clear expectations on how to progress to the next level.
- Our skills matrix offers a clear understanding of where Foolproofers stand in regards to personal development and what they could benefit from learning.
- Everyone benefits from mentoring support from their peers and senior members of the team.
- We have departmental training budgets which help us progress and develop individual and therefore, our wider collective skillset.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.