This role is for creative thinkers who share our commitment to using human insight and data to drive design thinking and unearth creative solutions which suit our client’s design challenges.
Our vision is to positively impact the lives of millions of people all over the world; we want our work to have commercial and social impact. We’ve been pioneering evidence-based design for over a decade.
As a Designer you will be responsible for providing UX and digital design to some of the world’s biggest and best-known brands. As someone in the early stages of their career in experience design, success in this role comes from consistently delivering excellent work and developing your own skillset respectively.
- A minimum of two years in UX design creating customer journeys, interaction design and UI solutions for high profile digital products or services.
- Expert in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and so on).
- A solid grounding in graphic design and service design.
- A strong understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development teams.
- Experience of conducting evaluative research as a way of validating and improving your design solutions.
- Recognised degree-level qualification in graphic, experience or digital design and HCI.
As a practitioner
- You follow the briefing and direction of design and creative thinking on the projects you are involved in, closely following the direction set by the project’s Creative Lead.
- Present creative design thinking to clients and guide them through iterative customer-centred design processes under the guidance of project leads.
- Able to deliver design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business, and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
- Inherit Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Support the planning and scoping of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches and generating suggestions for prospective work.
As a Foolproofer
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Aside from contributing to Foolproof’s blog, social channels and white papers, you are encouraged to attend and speak at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively to improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s values at all times.
- A creative, inquisitive mind set.
- Fascinated by solving problems.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice-yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in a culture of learning and development. You will be provided with a mentor and line manager to monitor your progress, and access to a training budget to help you deepen and widen your skills.
We hold Smart Sessions each Wednesday where Foolproofers share their knowledge with the rest of the team, and quarterly company away days, where we share our experiences, and prototype new ways of thinking.
Please send a copy of your CV, covering note and portfolio to our Talent Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.