Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We challenge old ideas which slow down positive design-led change. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
As an Experience Design Director, you will be one of the most experienced practitioners in our team. You will work with our most important clients from discovery to delivery, to create tangible results for their business and their customers. As a leader in our experience design practice, you will also help to develop the skills of more junior members of the team.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, commercially-aware practitioner to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a very large appetite for fun.
Role and responsibilities
- Play a leading role in the delivery of a wide range of tactical and strategic experience design programmes, ensuring that we are creating tangible results for our clients and their customers.
- Shape exceptional digital brand experiences and present creative thinking to clients, with an emphasis on design execution and its relevance to customer-centred design.
- Use your deep expertise in visual and experience design to provide advice and direction to clients and colleagues.
- Help to define the best approach to client briefs, assist in scoping work and participate in pitch teams.
- In your project teams, create an environment in which people can do their best work. Motivate and challenge your colleagues to find the best solution to problems.
- Develop our people through line management, coaching and mentoring, helping them achieve their personal development objectives and ambitions.
- Work closely with those peers to ensure that all project disciplines work harmoniously together to produce work of industry-leading quality
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively to improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Champion our culture and values.
- An inspirational leader, able to create an environment for other people to do great work.
- A passionate, creative thinker with an insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Articulate and engaging, able to lead conversations with senior clients.
- Commercially aware, with an understanding of what it takes to make change happen in large organisations.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- At least eight years of experience in a user experience environment, where you have been using insight about people’s behaviour and sentiment to inform the design of better digital experiences.
- A detailed knowledge of practical design methodologies and experience using industry standard design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD etc.
- A strong appreciation of the importance of brand in experience design.
- A strong background in visual design to be able to critique and challenge design output.
- Experience in a client-facing role is essential, working with top 100 brands is desirable.
- Experience working on end-to-end projects, from discovery and strategy to delivery to market.
- Prior experience of line management is desirable.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.