Foolproof’s mission is to deliver better product and service experience for the world’s most ambitious companies. We work end-to-end with our clients in experience design, from vision and strategy through to delivery into market. We build what we design. And the people in the IT team are key in supporting that mission; we are responsible for ensuring that we can all do our jobs by keeping our internal systems, equipment and labs working effectively and securely.
You’ll be a big part of a small team that supports users over the phone, remotely and face to face across 3 different sites for all IT related issues from forgotten passwords to resolving urgent AV issues to digging into more technical problems. In conjunction with a third party IT provider you will also work on larger projects and system changes.
We’re looking for someone who has the initiative to deal with whatever problem crops up, re-prioritise their to do list and communicate effectively. This role offers a great opportunity to learn, get involved, train and potentially specialise.
Role and responsibilities
You’ll pick up whatever needs doing to keep the business running but this will be broadly across the following areas:
- Resolving user reported issues when they arise within the SLA timeframes.
- Running and maintaining both our in-house user research labs and client labs, ensuring all IT equipment is fully functioning and kept up to date and in-line with the latest technologies.
- Ongoing maintenance work and proactive testing of equipment and processes.
- Following processes and requirements for starters and leavers.
- Working effectively with any third party IT providers.
- Keeping all existing IT processes documented and up to date as well as creating new documentation when required.
- Help to manage and provide technical support for larger IT projects.
- Providing out of hours IT support on events hosted by Foolproof (typically around one per month).
We’re happy to teach you everything you don’t know about the technical areas of the business however how you deal with issues and communicate is just as important.
- Excellent communicator - our IT team need to be both technically competent and with the communication skills to talk to both non-technical users and to go into the technical detail as required.
- Attention to detail – you follow processes and ensure that loose ends are tied up.
- You have great customer service skills and demonstrate this via your communication, knowledge, attention to detail and ability to get things done.
- Strong organisational skills - including planning, prioritising, timekeeping and meeting deadlines.
- Confident - you take responsibility for your tasks and proactively make suggestions and raise questions and issues both internally and with third parties to ensure that we’re working as effectively as possible. You must be confident in handling problems, asking for help as needed, and in identifying solutions. Be open to learning and listening to the input of others.
- Flexible – you have a strong work ethic. You pick up tasks with little fuss be it technical or administrative, asking for help as needed. You are flexible to changing situations and timings and always willing to pitch in with the team.
A specific IT qualification is useful but not required as long as you can demonstrate relevant experience.
Ideally, you’ll have 2+ years of relevant experience providing technical support on IT systems in a similar environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of:
- Windows 10 and Mac OS environments
- Active Directory and group policies
- Exchange / exchange online
- Office 365
- Exchange online administration
- Office 2016 for both Mac and Windows using calendars, delegate access and permissions
- Printer management.
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing environments.
- Working knowledge of voice platforms (e.g. VoIP, Skype for Business) and AV
- Working knowledge of networking TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VPN and Cisco Meraki Firewall, Switches and Wireless Access Points an advantage
- Ability to apply ITIL processes.
- Understanding of information security requirements including data protection
- Experience in supporting Android and iOS mobile devices.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast growing, forward thinking company, in a key part of the business.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborative thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team, and in this role there is the opportunity to take technical and ITIL certifications. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.