Foolproof’s vision is to improve the lives of billions of people, by helping them to live differently through the experiences we design.
We are in search of a knowledgeable XD practitioner to join our creative studio - responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for globally-recognised clients.
Foolproof offers a supportive environment which facilitates professional growth and development. Additionally, we encourage our designers to share their experiences and methods with peers in and outside of the business.
As result of our three-stage interview process, you will be expected to present a portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to produce evidence-driven experience design solutions. Following this, successful candidates will then undertake a practical design task.
- A minimum of two years creating information design, interaction design and UI solutions for high profile digital products or services.
- Expert in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and so on).
- A solid grounding in graphic design and service design.
- A strong understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development teams.
- Experience of conducting evaluative research as a way of validating and improving your design solutions.
- Recognised degree-level qualifications in graphic, experience or digital design, and HCI.
As a practitioner
- You follow the briefing and direction of design and creative thinking on the projects you are involved in, closely following the direction set by the project’s Creative Lead.
- Present creative design thinking to clients and guide them through iterative customer-centered design processes under the guidance of project leads.
- Able to deliver design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business, and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
- Inherit Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Support the planning and scoping of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches and generating suggestions for prospective work.
As a Foolproofer
- Share project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Aside from contributing to Foolproof’s blog, social channels and white papers, you are encouraged to attend and speak at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively to improve the standard of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times.
- A creative, inquisitive mind set.
- An insistence on following human centered design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, regular reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share,
25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in a culture of learning and development. You will be provided
with a mentor and line manager to monitor your progress, and access to a training budget to help you deepen and widen your skills.
We hold Smart Sessions each Wednesday where Foolproofers share their knowledge with the rest of the team, and quarterly company away days, where we share our experiences, and prototype new ways of thinking.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV, covering note and portfolio to our HR Coordinator: email@example.com.