Founded in 2002 in Norwich, UK, Foolproof’s Singapore office was opened in 2012 to support the growing demand for user experience design in Asia. Since then, we have grown to a team of 17. We’re looking to double our team as our business grows rapidly.
Our team frequently conducts design research throughout the Asia Pacific region and we help our clients, both headquartered locally and globally-based, create powerful and effective designs, digital products, and services based on the insights we gather.
Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our clients to embark on highly collaborative, inclusive design processes, using their stakeholders and end-users to help develop and crystallise our solutions.
Our office enjoys a start-up mentality where everyone is invited to take part in building the company vision and creating the experience design agency we want to work in. We give the opportunity to our team members to define what they want to do beyond their job description and will support them to be successful in taking its ownership.
We're looking for an experienced Office Manager to join our team. As the Office Manager, you will be responsible for operating and maintaining the day-to-day operations which ensures the smooth running of the office. You will take care of HR operations and oversee Finance functions in Singapore.
You are resourceful and enjoy being on top of things. You can easily collaborate and communicate with internal teams and external partners. You are excellent at vendor management and contract negotiation. You are motivated, with a clear ability to move projects forward, whilst keeping stakeholders updated.
- Office Management: Oversee and ensure the smooth operations and running of the office, be the go-to person for all things connected to the environment.
- Communication: Liaise effectively with internal teams and external vendors and stakeholders in a clear and timely fashion.
- Finance Reporting: Oversee budgeting, reporting, planning, and liaise with finance in head office (India).
- Team Welfare: Plan team events and away days, champion culture within the office.
- Crisis management: Proactively identify potential crises and devise contingency plans. Identify and resolve issues within the office and team.
- HR recruitment/administration/onboarding: Manage recruitment end-to-end and align to HR best practices with guidance from HR UK team.
- Facilities Management: Project manage and lead the smooth transition of the office move, slated for Dec 2019, including budget approval, renovation and compliance with the landlord and regulatory authorities.
- Operating Procedures: Develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
Required skills and experience
- At least five years’ relevant office management experience.
- Accustomed to managing and tracking office and financial budgets.
- Experience in facilitating office relocation/move.
- Advanced user of basic Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Experience working in design/agency environment would be an advantage.
- Self-motivated and proactive: as part of a busy team, you must have a can-do attitude, be flexible in your approach to work, be self-motivated and driven.
- Excellent communication skills: you will be well-presented, articulate and professional at all times.
- Team working: be a good team player. You’re able to demonstrate common sense in prioritising and managing your workload effectively and ‘mucking in’ as part of a wider team.
- Willingness to learn: we love what we do, and you’ll be willing to get involved with and develop an interest in our day-to-day business.
- Attention to detail: Foolproof prides itself on the quality of its deliverables, from an email to a client presentation - you will need to demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all areas of your work.
- Flexible: research hosting may require occasional out of hours working, with calls made on your time by colleagues, often at short notice.
- Bright and helpful personality: ability to build good working relationships with both colleagues and clients with infectious enthusiasm.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, 20 days’ holiday (which increases to 25 with long service awards), personal training budgets and medical benefits.
We believe in collaborative thinking and learning. We host sessions every Thursday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team; we have quarterly company away days where we get together to share company updates; and we make a concerted effort to share our knowledge with the local UX design industry.
Finally, we have generous departmental training budgets which help us progress and develop skills within our roles.
How to apply
We’re looking for people who share our passion, commitment and sense of fun to join the team at this exciting time. If you're ready to apply please use the careers form on our contact page. If you have any more general questions feel free to drop us an email on: email@example.com.