Foolproof is an Experience Design agency with a team of 120 across offices in Singapore, UK, India and South Africa.
The Singapore office is open plan, where team members sit across from one another so, you will hear laughter and banter throughout the day. Within the team there is a good mix of locals and ex-pats, and the diversity allows for great exchanges on culture and work experience.
This role is a four-month maternity cover and is part of the Operations Team which incorporates Office Management, Finance, HR, IT, and Front of House. This team is responsible for supporting the wider Foolproof team, ensuring that they can efficiently perform their jobs and enjoy a high functioning workplace environment.
As part of the Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of the Singapore office. You will work closely with your colleagues in the Singapore office, FOH & PA team in the UK and liaise with our HR team based in the UK, as well as our Zensar colleagues. You will also work on organising ad-hoc company events either in a lead or a support role as directed.
As the Personal Assistant (PA) to the Executive Director of Practice, you will provide administration, diary and logistics management and wider welfare support. The nature of the PA role means there’ll often be the requirement to multi-task and balance important vs. urgent tasks. Therefore planning, focus, and attention to detail is essential.
You are resourceful, highly organised and always on top of things. You are driven and motivated to move projects forward ensuring you keep all stakeholders updated. You can easily collaborate and communicate with internal teams and external partners. You are an active participant in team-building and socials and are pivotal in ‘leading the charge’ to build excitement and engagement around events.
As a PA & Office Coordinator, you will be the first port of call for visitors. You’ll be a natural at putting visitors at ease, ensuring they’re comfortable and projecting a warm and friendly welcome into our space. You’ll be a visible ‘floor walker’; ensuring the office and store cupboards are maintained and taking action to proactively tidy, fix, clean and replenish rooms. Staff will naturally come to you as their first point of call for all things office related.
As part of this you are specifically responsible for:
- Maintaining an ‘on brand’, visible and appropriate presence in the office.
- Floorwalking: ensuring the office (studio, meeting rooms, labs, kitchen, breakout area, bathrooms and cupboards) are being properly respected and maintained and putting these areas back to good order when required.
- Proactive and reactive maintenance of office stock, equipment and technology. Having your ear to the ground insofar as ‘quiet grumbles’ and ensuring the relevant owners are informed (i.e. labs, helpdesk, photocopiers, handypersons, etc.) and remedial action taken where this action sits.
- Liaising with suppliers – organising deliveries and sourcing new suppliers when required. The Facilities Manager will need to sign off the use of any new suppliers.
- Overseeing the office building and environment; this includes security alarm systems, door codes and office keys, Health and Safety including fire evacuation procedures and organising general office maintenance.
- Supporting with the organisation of events and coming up with new ideas for fun company-wide or office activities, Cake Fridays, away days, celebrations, after-work social events, etc.
- Supporting IT with being the gatekeeper of all IT equipment in the Singapore Office and assisting the IT team with ad-hoc tasks.
- Assisting HR with administration duties such as; recruitment (advertising roles, booking in interviews, downloading CVs from the Singapore jobs website, liaising with candidates, assisting with EP applications).
- Onboarding new employees: putting together welcome pack, ordering IT equipment, administration (e.g. scan completed forms and certified copy of the new starter’s ID to HR.
- Helping and supporting other Foolproof offices, making sure they are all aligned.
- Being a good ambassador for the Operations team and its areas of responsibility.
As PA, you will work closely with Leslie Fountain, providing administration, diary & logistical and welfare support. At all times you will act with discretion and maintain a professional demeanour. At times you may be exposed to sensitive information, which must be treated with appropriate respect and confidentiality.
You will be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for the Executive Director of Practice, liaising effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors, arranging travel, accommodation and visas as required.
- Proactively manage diaries and logistics, booking and organising meetings as required, ensuring meetings are set up appropriately.
- Ad-hoc errands and work-related tasks
- Preparing and processing expenses on time.
- Taking minutes at various internal and external meetings.
- Ensuring refreshments are provided for meetings.
- Coordinating/planning internal and external events.
- Acting as a culture champion within the office.
- Supporting the HR team with people and recruitment matters as required.
- You are able to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- You will be able to work at pace and embrace new and challenging situations.
- You are self-motivating, enthusiastic, and an ambassador for the business.
- You are able to see the bigger picture and set priorities appropriately.
- You have strong attention to detail and organisational skills; you believe in taking responsibility and owning things through to completion.
- You are flexible in your approach to work and able to adjust priorities and needs to deliver work as required.
- You have a positive outlook and strive to build and develop good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
Line Manager – Facilities Manager (Harpal Awan)
As your Line Manager, Harpal is your first point of call for all questions and issues. She is also responsible for agreeing and setting your objectives. In the first instance, you should seek any advice or guidance from her if any issues arise that prevent you from performing your roles and responsibilities or hitting objectives. You regularly review and discuss the work you’re doing and communications you’ve had with other key relationships in meetings with Harpal.
Executive Director of Practice (Leslie Fountain)
In providing admin support to Leslie, you will naturally be communicating with her at least daily to ensure she has what she needs to be effective in her work. People all work differently, and you will inevitably adopt a unique style of working with each person to provide maximum mutual benefit and enjoyment. The business recognises there is an art to this which comes with experience.
PA to BPT Team (Helen Young)
Helen is your first point of call for all questions, guidance and issues with regards to PA services.
Head of Operations (Rachel Sheppard)
Has overall responsibility for the Operations Team. If Harpal is unavailable then Rachel should be your next point of contact for advice, guidance or to raise issues.