Principal Consultants have users and business stakeholders at the heart of everything they do; it’s in their DNA. As an exceptional and knowledgeable practitioner in your field, you will be responsible for one of our most important and longest-standing clients, turning strategy into tangible results for their business and their customers.
You will be able to communicate the commercial value of experience design and have a talent for nurturing client relationships, delivering quality and profitability.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced, commercially aware consultant to take the next step in their career with an agency that has big ambitions and a very large appetite for fun.
- Work in partnership with an Account Director and Programme Manager to lead a key client account (a well-known, global brand in the financial services sector), generating over £2m of revenue per year.
- Use your deep expertise in UX research methods to advise clients and colleagues on how best to gather insight that will drive decision making.
- Grow and nurture long-term client relationships through a deep understanding of their business objectives, past projects and future ambitions.
- Identify opportunities using knowledge of the client’s business and industry to spot where clients need to focus their attention to deliver great customer experiences and improved business performance.
- Have a point of view and provide expert direction for our clients, balancing the needs of the business and those of their customers.
- Write and present high quality, engaging and authoritative reports and presentations.
- Manage the delivery of a wide range of tactical and strategic experience design programmes including resourcing from internal teams, suppliers, agencies and contractors, budget and quality of output.
- Provide quality assurance and practice leadership across various projects ensuring quality of method and advice.
- Coach and mentor consultants in all aspects of their work to help them to achieve their personal development objectives and ambitions.
- Champion our culture and values.
Required skills and experience
- At least five years’ experience in a user experience environment.
- A detailed knowledge and practical experience of a wide range of qualitative UX research methodologies.
- The ability to use research to derive insight and use this to provide clients with expert advice on how to solve real business problems and improve the lives of their customers.
- You’ll have commercial awareness, including an understanding of return on investment and online marketing metrics, and complete commitment to evidence and insight as the back-bone of design.
- Likely to be educated to degree level (computer science, HCI, business, psychology or design).
- Extensive experience in a client-facing role working with top 100 brands.
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to create rapport and build relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Comfortable leading senior stakeholder workshops and influencing clients
- Experience in a project-based environment as a team member and as a manager setting and monitoring project budgets.
- A team player with excellent time management skills.
- Experience in managing, leading and coaching UX consultants.
- Excellent communication skills from an internal email through to a client presentation.
- Excellent client relationship skills: You must be able to create rapport and relationships across a range of clients and functions.
- Excellent communication skills: You must be confident taking on a client-facing role with the necessary skills required to work with and manage clients, suppliers and colleagues.
- Passion and creative thinking: We’re passionate about delivering high-quality, effective and value-added services to our clients.
- Attention to detail: We pride ourselves on the quality of our deliverables, from an email to a client presentation. Achieving this, especially when under pressure, is a critical success factor for the role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing, forward thinking company.
We offer a competitive salary, twice yearly reviews, an annual bonus scheme, profit share, 25 days’ holiday (which increases to 30 with long service awards), matched contributory pension scheme, death in service cover and private medical cover.
Foolproof believes in collaborate thinking and learning: we have Smart sessions each Wednesday where a Foolproofer shares their knowledge with the rest of the team. We have quarterly company away days, where we get together to share company updates.
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV along with a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org