Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We challenge old ideas which slow down positive design-led change. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
Our Resourcing team plays a key role in mobilising client projects, keeping the practice and programmes moving and growing opportunities. It’s a big challenge as you’ll need to understand every aspect of how Foolproof works. You’ll help the Resourcing team manage project teams into and out of projects, support Resourcing to constantly improve what we do and ensure our processes are consistent.
With teams in Singapore, South Africa and India, you’ll be working to find people and resource projects globally. You will be in a position to have a major impact on how work flows through the business, bringing your experience and knowledge in similar roles to help make improvements to current ways of working and systems.
This is a key role within Foolproof and you are always going to be busy, but if you’ve got the passion and ability to succeed you will be in a place where you can make a real difference.
Role and responsibilities
You need to have a passion for people and making things happen as you’ll be trying to organise creative and innovative people around multiple projects and disciplines in different locations.
Some of the things you’d be responsible for are:
- Getting the right people with the right skillset onto the right projects at the right time - this is a live, ongoing process and business-critical.
- Ensuring people know what they are working on and where they need to be.
- Resolving competing priorities or flagging them early.
- Ensuring stakeholders have visibility of workload and availability.
- Finding the best option for the resourcing of projects outside of the team if needed; via partners, agencies or direct contacts.
- Following the contract hire process for any potential new contractors.
- Helping to onboard new starters with life at Foolproof.
- Helping to identify, recommend and organise opportunities for the career development and training of our consultants and designers.
- Planning holiday requests and sorting out other absences.
- Reporting – as we all need to know how we’ve done and how we’re doing.
- Supporting the Operations team and covering during holidays.
Ideally, you have experience in a similar role, though if you have significant experience managing people and projects in an agency or design environment, you will have the right basic skillset.
You must know your way around Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel. Previous experience using the scheduling system Workfront would be helpful.
Your ability to communicate and your personality are key to how you will succeed in this role so you must:
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with people from all disciplines, both verbally and via email.
- Have incredibly effective negotiation skills.
- Be an outstanding time manager – of both your own and everyone else’s time.
- Be organised and always remain one step ahead of everyone else.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritise work - again, both yours and others.
- Be flexible - have some common sense and take the initiative.
- Be able to solve problems that arise in imaginative ways – daily!
- Work independently when needed but always as part of the team.
- Deal well with consistently busy days and queues at your desk without losing your cool.
- Be able to deal with sensitive or difficult issues and handle confidential matters discreetly and professionally.
- Bring passion, experience and energy to the team - a good sense of humour definitely falls under this category.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.