Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
The role of Senior Account Director combines a passion for developing a deep understanding of our clients and their business problems with delivering products and services that create value for our clients, their customers and the Foolproof organisation.
This role would suit an individual who has experience in hitting commercial (sales/revenue) targets, fostering client relationships and developing and negotiating proposals for the design and development of products and services. You will likely be from a consultancy or digital agency background, possess a strong interest in experience design and have a solid understanding of IT delivery and offshore team management.
Role and responsibilities
The primary goal of the Senior Account Director is working with members of the Client Engagement team to achieve commercial growth of multiple client accounts aligned to the overarching strategic growth plan for the accounts. You will act as a partner and advisor to individuals within the client organisation and the Foolproof team.
The clients (and targets) that are assigned to the Senior Account Director will be determined by their experience in role.
Building, maintaining and deepening client relationships:
You will proactively look for ways to engage with your clients, and understand their business to achieve growth:
- Becoming a partner and advisor to your clients.
- Helping our clients gain reward and recognition for our work.
- Pro-actively maintaining and developing your network of clients.
- Spending time on client site to develop a deeper understanding of their business and their challenges.
You will create, maintain and action strategic client plans aligned to an annual sales target by:
- Understanding client problems and objectives to create Foolproof project opportunities.
- Opening, driving and closing opportunities within a sales pipeline (approx. £3m per annum).
- Developing proposals and working with the Delivery Team to effectively cost and price work.
- Providing regular and accurate updates on your pipeline and account status to the Head of Client Engagement.
Working with other Foolproof teams
You will support effective ways of working between Client Engagement and Practice teams:
- Working closely with teams during pre-sales process to scope out a response to a client brief, and subsequent mobilisation of projects.
- Working with Contract Excellence and client procurement/legal teams to secure contracts.
- Line management of colleagues where relevant.
- A confident and consultative communication and sales style.
- The ability to build a close rapport with colleagues and clients.
- Able to mentor and develop more junior members of the team.
- Previous experience of working within a Sales/Account Management role. Ideally this will have been in a product and services within the digital services space.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.
How to apply