Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking design company with offices in London, Norwich and Singapore. We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from strategy through design and development into delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver great customer experience at scale, in digital transformation initiatives.
Our Singapore office was opened in 2012 to support the growing demand for user experience design in Asia. Since then, we have grown to a team of 14 and our business continues to grow rapidly. Our team of UX consultants and designers help our global and local clients create powerful and effective designs, digital products, and services based on the insights we gather. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. We encourage our clients to embark on highly collaborative, inclusive design processes, using their stakeholders and end-users to help develop and crystallise our solutions.
The role at a glance
This position is a result of our desire to turn design strategy and customer insights into tangible products and services. You will collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams, including strategists, designers, researchers and back-end developers, to consistently improve functionality and user-centric digital products.
Role and responsibilities
- The ability to learn new technologies, software, and concepts quickly is essential.
- Ability to work productively and efficiently in an agile environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, Including clearly articulating your coding decisions to working teams and clients.
- Proactively share project progress for review by your peers and the rest of the Studio.
- Accountable for writing and developing code to meet the requirements of the product, project or program owner.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
- Embody Foolproof’s design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Support the planning and scoping of FED deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the Programme Management team and notify them of any risks.
- Aptitude to learn and improve, with determination to experiment with technology and to work well and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well in a distributed team environment and under pressure.
- You enjoy working together with the business to create new functionalities.
- You enjoy working in a team and are a good team player.
- You have an analytical mindset and can form logical steps from complex processes.
- An insistence on following human centred design principles.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- A solid grounding in graphic design.
- Engineered JS with design patterns advanced Object Oriented JS and extensive usage of data structures in UI like JSON.
- UI debugging skills using browser developer tools have a piece of good knowledge of browser Engines and Compatibility, Accessibility (WCAG 2.0), Performance, Responsiveness, Debugging, Caching.
- Knowledge of Atomic Structure and BEM Methodology.
- Good working knowledge of cloud technologies.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Candidate should handle cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that the application will adhere to them.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools like Photoshop and Sketch.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 20 days holiday which increases to 25 days with service, plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a team trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.