Foolproof is a fast-growing, forward-thinking creative company with offices in the UK, India, Singapore and South Africa.
We are leaders in the human-centred shift in design. We challenge old ideas which slow down positive design-led change. To achieve this, we work with the world’s most ambitious brands from vision and strategy across design and development to delivery to market. We also partner with our parent company Zensar to deliver human-experience at scale on digital transformation initiatives.
The role at a glance
As an exceptional senior practitioner in the field of experience design, you will be responsible for delivering world-class digital solutions for our globally recognised clients. You will be an instrumental part of conceptualising and delivering iterative customer-centred design projects to clients.
You will work alongside leaders in the UX design field, in a supportive environment where you will be able to thrive and grow, as well as mentor and manage more junior practitioners.
Role and responsibilities
As a practitioner
- Executing and presenting design and creative thinking to clients, and guiding them through an iterative customer-centred design process.
- Accountable for delivering design concepts and solutions to meet the needs of the business and its intended audience, in varying degrees of fidelity and detail.
- Consideration for, and identification of, inherent technical or business constraints and objectives.
- Proactively share project progress for review by Principal Designers.
- Espouse Foolproof’s values, design philosophy and practice, internally and externally.
- Support the costing and planning activity of design deliverables, report on the status of such deliverables to the programme management team and notify them of any risks.
- Support the wider sales team by identifying business opportunities, leading pitches, and generating ideas and suggestions for prospective work.
As a mentor
- Attending regular meetings with your mentees to discuss and assess their work
- Sharing project stories and experiences with the wider business, providing critique and direction to your peers and team members.
- Contribute to company blog posts, social media, white papers, as well as attending or speaking at industry conferences.
- Challenging yourself and others to think creatively and improving the standard
of our work by making recommendations for training and development.
- Lead by example and uphold the company’s leadership values at all times..
- A creative, inquisitive mindset.
- An insistence on following human-centred design principles.
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills.
- Fastidious attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Collaborative, whilst taking responsibility for your work.
- Minimum of four years creating information design, information architecture and interaction design solutions for high profile digital products or services.
- Experience of conducting evaluative research as a way of validating and improving your design solutions.
- Expert in industry-standard design visualisation and prototyping software (for example Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision and so on).
- A solid grounding in graphic design and service design.
- Understanding of front-end development principles and execution.
- Experience of working in cross-disciplinary design and front-end development teams.
- Recognised degree-level qualifications in graphic, experience or digital design,
- Previous experience of managing/mentoring more junior designers is desirable.
We put a lot of time and energy into making Foolproof the best place it can be for our people. We give our team the support they need to develop personally and professionally in a collaborative culture that emphasises learning. We offer competitive salaries and a range of benefits including:
- Regular salary reviews.
- Annual bonus and profit share schemes.
- 25 days holiday which increases with service plus the option to buy and sell leave.
- Departmental training budgets for learning and development.
- Quarterly away days including a Team Trip abroad.
- Long service awards and enhancement to our standard benefits.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare.
- Life insurance.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Please note that although this role will be predominantly based in our London office you will be required to travel to our office in Norwich and work on client site as required.